Last updated 2nd July, 2018
Construction Supply & Service Pty Ltd ABN 35 625 107 271 ("CSS/us/we/our") respects the privacy of individuals. This Policy sets out the way in which CSS and its related bodies corporate (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001) ("we" or "us") collect, hold, use and protect your personal information.
By visiting our website, placing an order with CSS, or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
References to 'website' include the following: http://www.constructionsupplyservice.com.au or any other site, services (including web-services), software, application or media managed by CSS.
Revisions to this Policy
Your continued use of our websites, placement of an order with CSS or the provision of further personal information to us after this Policy has been revised constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your orders or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold ("Information") includes information such as your first and last name, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), details of your order, email address, IP address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below.
How do we collect Information?
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit any of our websites (including any application managed by CSS);
- when you "Like" or "Follow" our Vimeo, Youtube or Facebook pages or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through these platforms
- place an order via online ordering (whether on our website itself or in an application);
- request a quote, place an order or otherwise enquire or correspond with CSS;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- subscribe to our newsletter mailing list;
- participate in a survey;
- participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
- apply for a job with us;
- submit website feedback;
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer.
How do we use Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- processing any job application you may submit;
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such);
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our products list in future; and
- used to provide you with an email or SMS to inform you when your order is on its way or ready for pick-up from CSS;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
CSS does not store any credit card details for online orders.
Internet orders through CSS can be paid by debit card or a valid credit card. We accept credit/debit payments via PayPal or through our in-store EFTPOS terminal. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however they are not saved once the order is processed. If paying by EFTPOS, credit card details can be obtained from you via e-mail, however all e-mails containing credit card information are erased immediately after payment has been processed.
Further information regarding payment terms and methods for CSS can be found in our Standard Terms and Conditions .
The only credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the code (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, CSS and its related bodies corporate will share your Information between themselves and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us;
- our related entities and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf (for example third parties processing your online payments, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors, third-party suppliers providing our SMS service and mailing houses);
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- if you place an order via our websites, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders.
- Presently PayPal provide this service and PayPal is a secure internet payment gateway that secures your credit card number during transmission. See https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payflow-payment-gateway for further details;
- agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected;
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see "Contact Us" section below).
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
With the exception of when you apply for a job with us, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as health information or information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs).
When you apply for a job with us, we collect the following details from you: full name, date of birth, whether you are legally allowed to work in Australia, whether you are an Australian citizen, home address, contract telephone numbers, email address, employment records and your gender.
Where applicable, you acknowledge consent has been provided for us to collect and use the sensitive information above for the purpose of assessing your suitability as a CSS employee.
Each time you visit the websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address.
CSS may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites are used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. CSS may use this information to evaluate and improve the CSS website.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our sites.
Links to other sites
How to unsubscribe from the CSS mailing list:
1. Click on the sign-up link on the CSS home page
2. Enter your current mailing list information in and click "Subscribe"
3. The page will re-load and give you a link that you can click to receive an email with instructions to update your profile.
4. Once on the "Update your Profile" page, simply click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving newsletters.
If applicable, to stop receiving the SMS service, follow the instructions contained in the SMS.
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases, please contact us here for further details.
Address: Building East 6 / 605 Zillmere Road, Aspley 4034
Phone: 1300 720 622