Why use a Preparation Bench?
A refrigerated preparation bench or makeline is a great way to quickly and efficiently prepare food in a commercial kitchen and is ideal if your prep area is visible to customers, and this KoldTech Makeline with a stainless steel top is an ideal choice.
The built-in stainless steel top covers can be quickly pulled down and secured into place when prep area is not in use and instantly opened to begin assembly when needed. As well as allowing easy access, when closed the doors reduce the power required to maintain the temperature of the top of the makeline. With removable crumb trays, top covers and condensing units this makeline is easy to clean and has double door refrigerated storage underneath. The all-stainless steel design looks presentable to customers and helps to prolong product life.
How does it work?
Products for preparing pizzas or sandwiches are stored in pots or bains and recessed into the top counter of the makeline so that they are kept at a cool, even temperature, usually below 5°C. There is a flat bench in front for assembling food and a refrigerated area below as well for storing more product so that when the top area needs to be replenished this can be done without needing to leave the prep area.
The makeline ensures consistent and effective cooling of the entire length of the cabinet using dual digital thermostatic controls. The self-contained motor for the refrigeration system is incorporated into the left-hand end of the cabinet and is serviced by a removable rear panel.
Measurements and Materials:
- Exterior Dimensions (WxDxH): 2560 x 700 x 1410mm
- Interior Dimensions (WxDxH): 1390 x 450 x 1220mm
- Weight: 250kg
- Well Capacity: 13 x 1/3Gn POTS
- Interior/Exterior Finishes: Stainless Steel
- Insulation: Polyurethane compressed
Please Note: Makeline in the picture has multiple adhesive stickers to protect the stainless steel finish. This can be easily peeled off without leaving residue on the makeline.
Warranty: 12 months warranty from the date of installation
- Castors: 100mm swivel (lockable)
- Temperature Control: Digital electronic
- Electrical Connection: 10 amp 240 volt GPO
- Dual Digital thermostatic controls controlling two refrigeration systems
- 2 removable condensing units
- All stainless steel design
- Maintains even temperature
- Fully welded and wound ingredients well with separate drain for easy clean out - no fans or moving parts.
- Two drain positions front and rear
- Hinged compressor cover with a window for viewing dual digital controls
- Removable refrigerated crumb trays
- Removable slide away s/s covers to top well
- Large 2 door refrigerated storage under with wipeout floor
- Heavy duty castors
- Well supplied with S/S H sections to hold 1/6 Gn pots